Monday, January 14, 2019

Shoot for the Stars...

Hi friends!  I'm about to do something I haven't done in a very long time... drum roll please......


I'm posting something I've created just for fun... say what?!  It has been so long since I've just crafted for fun with no deadline, or specific product required, and it felt so good!  I'm hoping to have more of these types of projects in the future as I made it my crafty resolution to do more crafting for me.

With that being said I've had this adorable Reverse Confetti Moon Men stamp set sitting in it's packaging for months, and while I was in the mood for watercoloring I decided to mix the two together.  Plus the timing was perfect, because as I was about to look at the Reverse Confetti Blog for inspiration I came across their Stock Your Stash Challenge and this month's challenge is Love is in the Air... how great is that?!



To create my card I started with my galaxy background.  I knew this would take longer to create and it would need more time to dry, so I set about using a water on water technique with a mix of blues, purples, greens and yellow watercolors from my Altenew Watercolors.  Once the first layer dried, I went back over certain areas to add more depth of color and allowed this to dry as well.  For my final layer I brushed on black watercolor, keeping it darker in some spots and allowing the color to come through more in other areas.  To add the appearance of stars I splashed a few white and gold watercolors from my Gansai Tambi Watercolor set, and set it off for a last time to dry.

Next I moved onto stamping and watercoloring in the chosen images from this set.  Once these were dry as well I fussy cut them out and adhered them onto my galaxy background.  The sentiment was embossed onto black cardstock with gold embossing powder, and the whole thing was adhered to silver mirror cardstock.  As a last touch I added in a few sequin stars, and viola!  Super cute, fun, and he's all for me!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today, and I hope to see you more throughout the year!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably sweet card!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS