Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge #32

Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge #32

This is just a quick card I whipped up for a challenge set up on the Peachy Keen Stamp site... The challenge was to create a card based on a favorite vacation, so this card is based on my honeymoon trip to Jamaica! Brian and I loved to sit on a hammock that was out on the beach under a palm tree, so that's just what I made... now if only we could get back... ( The inside says... " Heck, I'd like to be there too" hehehe! )
I used my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge from Provo Craft for the trees, sea shells, and a black out watermelon shape that I transformed into a hammock. The water was just blue shimmer paper cut using a wavey blade and pop ups to make it 3D. The "beach" is a touch and feel by using wet adhesive and flocking ( it feels super soft ). The string for the Hammock is just that, string! I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to make the sun, and I added bling with some gold stickles.



Thanks for looking and feel free to tell others about my blog!!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the card. I need a vaction now lol
http://uniquemonique01.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looks awesome!

My Creative Time said...

I would LOVE to go to Jamaica ONE day!! GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!
Thanks for joining Peachy Keen Stamps!
Peachy Hugs,
Emma;)

Vicky said...

cute card I like the detail you put into it.
looks very inviting.

eeb said...

Looks serene and fun.

Jamie Garity said...

Ahhh, I want to be there too! :) Great job!

Janice W. said...

Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon! Your card is perfect! Thanks for joining the challenge at PKS! Good luck!

Raven B said...

HEHE! Lisa I love this card and after you telling us what the inside says I love it even more lol.
Hugs,
Raven

Lisa B said...

What a great card! Wishing I was layin on that hammock as well!! Thanks for playing along with our Summer Destination challenge over at PKS.

Samantha Casey said...

Your card turned out very cute! You did a really nice job, and I love the detail you put into it! Good Luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!
-Samantha

Unknown said...

What a wonderful keepsake! you did a great job of capturing those memories Lisa! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along...HUGS...SK :)

Miss Giebel said...

beautiful card, it looks so relaxing...love the sand dollar!! Good Luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!!
Heidi

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS