Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smelling Lovely in the Challenge Department... hehehe!

Hello everyone!  Today's post is a little smell good kind of card that I'm entering into some awesome challenges! 

I made this card using the Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch.  The cute little skunk comes from the Create a Critter Cartridge, I also cut the flowers out from this cartridge in various sizes to get a layered flower look, and the bow came as an accessory to a different character on the cartridge.  I added white eyes and sweeping lines on the tail of my skunk with a white gel pen.  The bow has some pink stickles and one pink I-rock gem in the middle of it.  The flowers were spritzed with white glimmer mist and little pink heart brads were placed in the middle to hold the layers together.  The pink background paper was ran through my Sizzix Texture Boutique with the swirls cuttlebug A2 folder, and swept over with a lavender ink pad ( although it doesn't show up quite as well in this picture ).  I then used a white and black stitched ribbon that matched the 2nd background paper to tie in all of the designs and layers.  The bottom is stamped with "for you" in black, which also doesn't show up very well in this picture, but looks cute in person from Paper Studio stamp set.

I am entering this into the following challenges... and please go check them out!!!
GAB Challenge #4 - use wet/dry embossing
Kleirrs Kreation - National Craft Month
Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch Challenge #46 - use their sketch

Thank you so much for looking!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Monica said...

Good job! I love this stinky little guy! TFS! I'd love it if you'd visit me at: http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Just Me said...

Cute card. Like the purple skunk. Interesting card format. Thanks for joining the GAB Challenge
Joyce

Ashley Nicole said...

What an adorable card. I love the colors you picked. Thanks for playing at GAB Challenges.
Nikki

Courtney Johnston said...

Super cute! Great color combo. I just love those create a critters!! Thanks for joining us at GAB!

Claire Langan said...

So cute and adorable Lisa. Thank you so mush for joining with us at our National Craft Month challenge.
Cya soon!

Tinker Planet said...

That is one cute skunk! Thanks for celebrating National Craft Month with me :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS