Thursday, February 25, 2016

Altenew Home Decor: Aspire for Greatness

Hello!  Today I'm sharing the newest piece of home decor that I've created for the latest From Places Abroad Altenew Challenge...




 The minute I laid eyes on the stamp set You Are from their latest release I was in love!  The sentiments in this set are perfect for so many occasions, I know for sure I want to use them as some lunch notes for my children too.  I also really enjoy the design images in this set too, and when I first saw them my mind flew to the Hennah Elements set that is still one of my favorites... so I decided to mix the two together and create something meaningful and inspirational to have in my house.  I used the colors from the new challenge to inspire the colors in my project.

To create this piece I started by stamping my images and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black.  I then used various blue hues of Distress Markers to watercolor the images in, layering the colors.  I then watercolored along the edges with Pearlescent Watercolors.  After this was fully dried I added details with a gold pen.  I then matted my panel onto black cardstock, and then onto gold glitz paper from DCWV.  Finally, I added the sequins in various sizes at a diagonal.

I felt like something was still missing so I stamped the images again onto vellum with gold embossing powder and fussy cut them out.  I added them to the corners of my frame with removable adhesive, in case I should ever want to change it.  And ta-da!  I LOVE it!

I am also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes Challenge



Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa



3 comments:

jessica said...

OMG this is gorgeous Lisa!!!!
WOW WOW WOW I just LOVE it!

JustYolie said...

So beautiful!!!

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful. I love your touches of gold
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS