Thursday, February 1, 2018

Guest Designing for The Ton Challenge Blog... Pinch Me!!!!



EEEEEKKKK!!!!!  Can you believe it?!  I am Guest Designing for this month's challenge on The Ton's Challenge Blog!!!!  This is a huge honor, as I have been such a fan of Effie's products for the first blog hop all the way to celebrating their 3rd year just a week ago!  I am so excited for how much they've grown, and just how far I know they will continue to grow... Ah-mazing products my friends! Any who, enough with my gushing and fan girling let's get on to my Project...


To create my card I started by stamping my floral bouquet from the Peony Bouquet Stamp Set with a light Distress Ink.  Since the challenge is based on the word heart I knew I wanted to make a heart that blended into my project so I decided to use some spotlighting as well as a no line watercoloring technique.  Once I diecut a heart out of the center of my stamped image I began to go over the outer parts of the heart with a blue from my Spectrum Noir Aqua Pencils, and I made the inside of my heart red.  I love working with watercolored pencils as it is easy to build color and add details with the fine nibs.  Once I was done coloring I went in with a wet brush .  I then waited for everything to dry before moving on.  I stamped the sentiment with Versafine ink from the Timeless Icons Sentiments Set.  I wanted there to be a hint of movement in the background so I added a few splashes of gold watercolor, and finished the flowers off with Black Nuvo Drops.  A strip of Burnished Foil Tape in Pink was then run down the left side of the panel before I finally added it to my cardbase.


Thank you so much for stopping by today to check out my take on the challenge!  I hope you will get to play along!  And a huge thank you to Effie and her amazing team for letting me tag along, this has been such a huge honor!

Happy Crafting friends!
Lsia

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS