Wednesday, October 9, 2013

First try shaker card is less than 10? Crazy!



Ok, so I wanted to make a shaker card so bad for one of Paulina's Craft Dash Challenges, because I see all of her beautiful shaker cards and just think... " waaahhhh I want one!"   Lessons learned when making this card:
1.  If you have never made a shaker card before, don't try to make your first one in less than 10 minutes!  (It was a big ol' mess up in here!)
2.  Have lots of extra little beads on hand in case the first round you aim into the circle goes anywhere but in it!
3.  Maybe a square shaped shaker card should be your first attempt. ( At least for me it should have been!)

Ok, now with my lessons learned I'm geared up for the next the challenge to try and make one in a safer manner ( did I mention that I cut my finger literally with my Cutterbee's because the 10 minute demand put me in anxiety mode? hehehe! ).  I did however manage to meet the deadline even though the card is not all that I hoped it would be I do see light at the end of the tunnel!


Time To Make: 9 mins. 50 secs.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps
Sequins: Whimsical Twist.com
Ink: Memento and Colorbox

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, I'm totally impressed that you accomplished your shaker card in less than 10 Minutes, Lisa! I've made them before and they take me a while! Fabulous job!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

jessica said...

WOW!! Im impressed! Under 10 minutes..thats awesome!!
Super adorable and fun card Lisa!!!

Betty said...

Super fun shaker card. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

Caryn said...

EEK! I'm terrified - by the thought of attempting a shaker card for the Craft Dash!!! Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing along.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Rhonda Emery said...

so darn cute. love it

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Wow, I cannot believe you managed a shaker card in less than 10 minutes - seriously impressive! And its such a cute creation. Thanks so much for playing with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS