Saturday, January 14, 2017

Mr. & Mrs. - Take #3 on Marble

.... aaaaannnndddd I'm back with take #3 for the Winnie and Walter Gossip Column with Taheerah Atachia - Marble.  This final card plays off of my earlier card, scroll down if you would like to see that one too, by using the other part of my marble paneling and creating a larger frame from my original cut...



Since the marbled colors were so bright I wanted to mute them slightly by using a gray cardstock behind the frame.  I then used The Big, the Bold, and the Extras Stamp Set for the Mr., Mrs., Roses, and leaves.  The & came from The Big, the Bold, and the Merry Stamp Set.  The roses and leaves were stamped and embossed onto a heavy weight vellum and adhered in the corners of the frame.  Neither of my photos capture the shimmer and shine of the roses, but the focus is truly on the marbled frame as was the challenge.

I hope you have liked my take on this latest column masterpiece, and I hope that you yourself were inspired to take the plunge and either create your own marbled paper with nail polish as I have done or use some other means to incorporate marbling into your work.  Taheerah has so much inspiration, and information in her article that you really must take a peek.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Lisa, this is so very elegantly clean and simple. I love how the marbelized paper frames out that gorgeous sentiment!

Taheerah said...

Very cool idea to use the marbled paper to create a frame - quirky and clever! Have loved all your awesome cards with this technique, and you're so kind to say such wonderful things about the column too! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS