Thursday, September 11, 2014

Altenew Challenge!!!

EEEEEKKKKK!!!!! I was so excited to find out that Altenew was having their own challenge as I am a HUGE fan of their stamps ( they are just so beautiful, intricate and a joy to work with! )!!!!  So of course I am playing along... I've been watching lots of videos lately (shout out to Jennifer McGuire and Jill Foster!) on water coloring with markers, and I'm having a blast figuring it all out.  So here is what I've created...



And this was based off of this:


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Altenew ( Persian Motifs, Sentiments & Quotes)
Versamark: Watermark Ink Pad
Embossing Powder: Fine Detail White
Distress Markers
Brush
Water
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Clear
Vellum
Tim Holtz Water Color Paper

I started by stamping my images onto water color paper and heat embossed in white.  I then used my distress markers, brush and water to "paint" with.  I then "painted" on another strip of water color paper, dried and adhered to vellum.  I added this to my cardbase with clear foam adhesive, and finished with some clear sequins.

I am also entering this into the NBUS (never before used stuff) challenge, because I have never used this sentiment before... and I LOVE it!

And into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Make Your Own Background

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This all looks amazing! Beautiful card!!Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous card with one of my fave sentiments!!!

Darnell said...

What a great student of watercoloring you are, Lisa! I was quite mesmerized by this beautiful work of art you created and I kept reading your words, then scrolling up to look closely, scrolling down to read more, scrolling back up ... I got it! This is something I'm dying to try myself so this is a great inspiration post for me. Thank you!! And thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Tasnim said...

What a beautiful background!! Love the way you colored everything, and that sentiment strip, simply wow! Thanks so much for playing along, Lisa :)

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Such a lovely background! Fab design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

jessica said...

Wowzers girl! This is AWESOME!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really beautiful! Great coloring! And I really like that sentiment. I was reading your Bio...in regards to hubby really supporting your hobby...that's neat. Mine actually started making cards with it. I guess he felt like it you can't fight it...might as well join too. smile...

Kelly Latevola said...

Lisa your water coloring is incredible! I loved it so much I had to stop over from the NBUS gallery to tell you so! I'm from Ohio too, what part are you from?

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS