Sunday, September 4, 2016

Oh by Gosh by Golly...

You know you just finished my title post by singing the rest of the song, right? lol!  LOVE it!  Any who, today I am up on the CAS-ual Friday Stamps Blog sharing a fun watercolored and stamped card using the newly released Mistletoe & Holly Stamp Set...





To create this card I started by stamping my sentiment repeatedly in the background onto hot press watercolor paper. ( The MISTI is my best friend when it comes to this technique lol! )  I then went over it with layers of watercolors from my Gansai Tambi set.  I then stamped and watercolored the holly image onto separate watercolor paper and set it to dry before cutting it out.  Next I adhered the watercolored panel onto DCWV glitz paper in gold.  I didn't want my holly to get lost on the background so I used the Ornament Tag Fri-dies and cut a circle out of vellum before adding the holly with foam adhesive.  At this point I finished the front off with glitter enamel dots.  I then moved onto the inside of my card and stamped the sentiment first and the holly image this time in the lower right hand corner with a tone on tone effect.

I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!!!
Lisa

And don't forget to use my discount code if you wish to get some CAS-ual Fridays goodies for yourself!


3 comments:

Karen B. said...

So cool, pretty and unique!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a gorgeous card!!!

Lindsey said...

I've been catching up on your posts today. (Love all the Christmas goodness and non-card projects!) This is one of my favorites. Your background is awesome and just so fun. Love it.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS