Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wedding Invitations Inspired by Your Venue

Hello!  I am excited today as I have a bit of a different post to share with you today.  As some of you may or may not know I create handmade Wedding/Party Invitations on the side.  I love being able to have a part in making someone's day everything they imagined it to be, and being able to create custom touches.  Fairmont Hotels and Resorts along the West Coast is seeking out wedding design insights and approached me to create invitations based on their West Coast Resorts and Wedding Venues.  I was immediately intrigued and couldn't wait to play along, and after I was sent some photos of their sites I was inspired times 100!

So today I am going to share some photos of Fairmont's gorgeous Sonoma hotel, and invitations that I've created that match the themes.

This first one has a simplistic elegance to it...


To play off of the natural beauty of this clean setting here would be a fitting invitation that plays up the natural elements...



The small touch of sparkle the gold matting adds to the invitation keeps the occasion formal with a touch of glam.  The soft coloring of the handstamped flower ties in the natural elements depicted in the above photo, while the Band ties in the clean lines found throughout it all.

Next there is this gorgeous mix of purples and silvers that really had my creative thoughts flowing...



I really wanted to play up the purples and reds together with a touch of shine, as this setting just screams unique elegance that every attendee will melt into upon arrival...




Here I've gone with a touch of sparkle, but in silver.  I also made the purple matting larger to really add depth, color, and prominence to the invitation.  I then tied the red in by using a few red gems in each corner.

It's fun to find a venue that inspires the rest of your planning, and really takes all of the guess work out of it!  If you are interested in the wedding options the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa have to offer you then make sure to click over to their site.  The photos alone have me California dreaming...

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

jessica said...

These are gorgeous!!!! Love them Lisa!

Lisa said...

These are both so gorgeous, Lisa!! I love the designs and the details!! They look amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Germain said...

WOW!! So beautiful!! What a fun thing to do! I am sure you make a lot of brides happy!!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME! I love Fairmont Hotel and Resorts and had stayed in a few in the past...your rendition of the wedding invites from the inspired venues are super gorgeous and perfect! Well done, Lisa!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS