Monday, May 22, 2017

You Rock!

**Find my first post of the morning by scrolling down!**

I don't know about you, but I seem to always find some of the hardest cards to make are the masculine ones.  I love all things pink and sparkly, while the guys in my life do not.  However, the CAS-ual Friday Stamps seem to make masculine cards easy (well easier I should say hehehe!).  While you might not think a set called Flower Power screams masculinity, it all just depends on the design and colors to make it or break it as they say...


To create this card I started with a panel I had hand painted a long time ago, but had never gotten around to using.  As I was looking through my "scraps" pile, this panel jumped out at me as a great masculine color scheme.  Next I came aross the kraft frame and put the two together.  I wanted a nice large sentiment to really pop off of the busy background, that's how my eyes were drawn to the Flower Power Stamp Set.  While the sentiment is made up with flowers, I was able to distract the eyes from the flowers and focus more on the sentiment itself by heat embossing it with clear embossing powder onto patterned paper.  I then fussy cut them out, adhered everything at fun angles and popped the sentiment up with foam adhesive before adding the sequins and enamel dots.


I hope you will pop by the CAS-ual Friday's Blog for more inspirational posts.  And make sure you check out the store too!  If you find something you need use my discount code to save a little $!



Happy Crafting/Shopping!
Lisa

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS