Friday, January 13, 2017

Marble(ing) - Gossip Column #6

Hello!  Happy Friday!!!  Today I'm popping in to share some cards that I've created inspired by latest Gossip Column written by the amazing Taheerah Atchia!  Yay!!!  This month she has taught us, inspired us, and simply had me drooling for all things marble.  So I had to join in!  ( You must read her article, you will feel so smart afterward too.  Just think of the kind of dinner conversation you can have later! Or heck, who you might be able to impress wink wink...)  Any who, I digress and with that said I will share a photo of my own projects that I created based on 4 card stock panels that I marbled myself using the nail polish technique.  And she was not kidding when she said this stuff is addictive, because I almost couldn't stop, and sadly my blue nail polish is no longer with us, but it's all in the name of art, right?!  So check it out...

It was really fun to watch the colors spread out in the water, and each time I dipped my cardstock in I had no clue out they would turn out.  Addicting!

Now onto my first creation...



To create this card I took one of my panels and die cut a large heart.  I still had some spots left on my panel so I stamped and die cut the word love from the So Tweet Stamp Set, and layered it over the heart with foam adhesive.  Next I stamped my little bird and hair bow onto separate cardstock and colored them in with Copics before using the matching dies to cut them out.  When I layered them onto my cardbase it still felt a bit empty so I used some heart images from the same set and stamped them randomly, adding some matching splashes from one of my Ink Sprays.  Once this was dry I added the heart, bird and sentiment.  It was still missing something, so I went back and drew on some stitching and added some clear sequins.  Ta-da!

I hope you will stop by for my other two cards that I!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

5 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Oh Lisa, these are just too cool! Love this and will definitely have to try it!

Georgiana said...

What a really cool technique...your heart look awesome. I checked out the marble post. Wow! That is neat! I want to try!

maria f. said...

Very cool, Lisa. Cool colors.

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous samples and love the final card as well - awesome colours and marbling! How did your dinner conversation go? :D Thank you so much for all your kind words, and thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, never mind my question about how in the next post, I hadn't checked this one yet - I must say, the papers look absolutely stunning! And the card is just so cute and adorable! :)
xx Ashwini

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS