Thursday, October 5, 2017

Watercoloring With Sparkle Pens

Hello!  It's Lisa from Lisa's Creative Niche and I am so happy to be back as a Guest Designer today, and I am so thankful to Tanya and Brooke for having me!  Today I wanted to share a few tips as well as a card using Sparkle Pens for watercoloring.


Sparkle Pens are perfect for watercoloring because you are able to squeeze some of the color onto a mat and use a paintbrush and water to pick it up.  Plus as an added bonus everything sparkles!



For this card I started by heat embossing the  Crafter's Companion Colorista Aqua Stamp Set: Love with White Embossing Powder onto Watercolor Cardstock.



I then added colors from the Spectrum Noir Summer Time Sparkle Pen Set onto my Kraft Mat.  When added color to embossed images I like to lay down plain water with my brush first and then go in with a touch of color.  This can create natural shading as the water dries.  I did this for the entire image.  I finished the card by adding a few splashes of blue, before adding the vellum sentiment from the Spectrum Noir Colorista Aqua Toppers and Vellum Set.


I chose not to add any other embellishments as I feel the sparkle from the pens was enough on it's own.  A few tips I learned along the way.... A little color from these pens goes a long way.  I put more color on my kraft mat than was needed, so I suggest using a little and added as you go.  Second, you can choose to move the colors around with a clear Sparkle Pen after it has dried.  This will give you extra shine, but remember to wipe off the brush before changing colors as it will pick up each color.



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope I've inspired you to use those sparkle pens as a focal point and not just as an additive.
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used: Cardstock: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock, Spectrum Noir Aqua Watercolor Cardstock, Crafters Companion White Embossing Powder, Versamark Ink Pad by Tsukineko, Crafter's Companion Colorista Aqua Stamp Set: Love , Spectrum Noir Summer Time Sparkle Pen Set, Spectrum Noir Colorista Aqua Toppers and Vellum Set, Paintbrush, water.

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS