Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lawnscaping... Distressmania... Enough Said

Hello!  This week over at Lawnscaping there is a challenge using distress inks, so I wanted to share my newest creation with these fabulous inks!



I am quite proud of this card and love the turnout!  ( This was my first time coloring a full image with distress inks, and I'm in love! )

Materials used:
Paper Used: Recollections and DCWV
Hero Arts Stamp
TPC Studio Sentiment Stamp
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Tim Holtz Embossing Stamp Pad
Zing White Embossing Powder
Memories Black Ink
Memento Ink in grey
Sponge Finger Dabber
Blending Tool
Cutter Bee Scissors


The trick to this card is that I stamped the whole image first in embossing ink.  I embossed it all in white.  Then I re-stamped the image on separate paper in black.  I colored the black image with my distress inks, fussy cut just the flower out, and before I adhered it over top of the white one I made a "shadow" over the outside edge of the white flower in grey to make the image really pop once the colored image was glued on top!
Thank you for stopping by and for any comments you may have for me, they always make me happy!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Pin It

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

What a neat technique. I have never tried it either. Looks like I will need to one day.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tamara said...

Love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Laurel Beard said...

SO GORGEOUS! Love that coloring! WOW! And I am in love with your text background! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping!

Court said...

You should be proud!! This is GORGEOUS!!!

Christiana said...

What a lovely card! Your coloring turned out great. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful cards! I've just had a nice visit to your blog. You do really great layouts!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS