Monday, December 30, 2013

A Happy New Year Card!

Hello, hello, hello!  Happy Monday to you!  I was able to squeeze in some crafty time during the kids' naps yesterday ( and in between the massive cleaning downstairs, even thought it looks like I haven't touched a thing, pffft!) to play along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge: Anything Goes... so hoping that this isn't my last card ever for this challenge!  And I am also playing along with the CAS-ual Friday's Challenge: Happy New Year!



Time: 9 min. 58 secs. ( totally cutting it close! )

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico
Stamps: (cityscape) Fresh Squeezed Stamps, (sentiment) Simon Says Stamp
Ink: Memento
Distress Ink Dabber
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh

Tips: I covered up the "And a" part of the sentiment with washi tape each time I inked it up and removed the washi tape before stamping it.  My intention was to have more of the sentiment on the various color strips, but with being on a time crunch I was only able to get 3 in... I think it worked out will this way!

I will also be entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Bling it On!

Thanks for stopping by and check back maybe later today for a countdown of some of my favorites for 2013!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

9 comments:

jessica said...

LOVE your card Lisa! Awesome stamping!!!
Hope you and the family had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year :)

Denise Price said...

Cool card! I can't believe you made it in under ten minutes. I love the sequins in the sky above the cityscape. I think that 3x was the perfect number of times to stamp the sentiment--it makes a nice visual triangle.

Happy (almost) New Year to you!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Love this!! Way to rock the fresh squeezed stamps, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous landscape silhouette card! Love the sequins and stars in the sky like that :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Lisa! I love it!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful card! Happy New Year! And thank you for visiting my blog.

Sylvia Blum said...

So adorable! Love the overall design of your card, Lisa!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Betty said...

Great stampin job. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS