Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas Tag with gilding

Hello!  Today I'm up on The Alley Way Stamps Blog with a Christmas Tag.  I really had fun with this tag and tried something new... gilding.


Tips:
  • Using darker colored cardstock really helps the gilding to pop off the page.
  • There are several ways to adhere the flakes and I chose to use a heat and bond embossing powder, so make sure you have lots of flakes on hand to rub on quickly after heating.  I then used my finger to rub it onto the cardstock.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps ( Making Holidays Bright )
Ink: Versamark
Gilding Flakes
Embossing Powder: Piccolo
Rhinestones: Recollections
Die: My Favorite Things

I am linking this up with the Frosty Festivities Linky Party... so many amazing projects to see you will not want to miss it!

Thank you so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa


4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

That gilding is such a beautiful element for your tag Lisa!! Turned out gorgeous! :) HUGS

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Kelly Latevola said...

and POP it certainly does! Love the gold tree with that navy. So striking!!

Jennifer Grace said...

The dark background really does make the gilding stand out and look super twinkly! Thank you so much for joining in the Frosty Festivities challenge! x

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS