Saturday, January 28, 2012

Re-do... don't we all have one of those?

Hello everyone!  Today's post is for a challenge over at Damask Love, which is a redo challenge.  If you have never seen Dr. Amber's work then you have to stop over there now because it is always stunning!!!  She has posted a challenge to re-do one of those projects that you look back on now and think " what in the world was I doing? " .  So here is my "What?!" card before:





yikes!!!  And now onto my redo:  ( wow, didn't realize this was going to be so embarrassing, hehehe! )


Whew!  That is much, much better!  I kept the embossed swirls like I had in the first one and I chalked again only in different colors and on one specific image not the whole card! ( really... I chalked on the whole card on that first one??? Ahhhh!!! )
Materials Used:
Kraft Cardstock
Swirly Embossing Folder and Sizzix Texture Boutique
Sentiment from TPC Studio Greetings Clear Stamps
Memento Potter's Clay Ink
Twine from the Twinery

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my re-do and make sure you see what others have redone for this challenge as well at Damask Love!
I am also entering this into the Make It Monday with Kraft Outlet Tie It Up Challenge!

Thank you again and have a great weekend!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Robin said...

Very pretty, I love the colors you used on this and I really love twine, I am somewhat getting addicted to it lol.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Sabrina said...

Wasn't Amber's idea a good one! We all have projects that we'd love to re-do; I know I have more than one I'd like to re-do.And not just older ones either.

Shelly said...

Very cute! Love the orange twine!
What a fun challenge!
Shelly

Megan said...

I love loooove the texture! Beautiful and fun do-over. (I'm partial to kraft, and I think the color helps the texture show even better!) The bright accent colors add that perfect added spark of interest. =)

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your re-do, Lisa! It's sophisticated and warm! The original one was pretty good, too! Love them both!

girlia said...

Great card

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS