Sunday, August 23, 2015

Masculine Thinking of you...

I rarely remember to make masculine cards, especially thinking of you type cards, but when I was looking at the Altenew Challenge picture with the darker wood colors and my new Altenew Stamp Set Wild Hibiscus and saw a Bird image that I thought would work perfectly for what I had in mind...


I stamped the bird on watercolor paper and then used my new Altenew mini inks to watercolor with. (I tried showing a video of me doing this, but I sort of failed and didn't realize you had to hold the button to record on instagram, oppps!)  I then diecut the bottom and added the wood paper, where I stamped my sentiment from the Sentiments and Quotes Stamp Set also by Altenew.  I then added some twine around it and left the card as is.  The diecut paper was adhered with foam adhesive to help add dimension.

This card was also based on the 200th Freshly Made Sketches Challenge:


And here is the photo for the Altenew Challenge:


Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You coloring is lovely! The bird is so pretty and the wood paper is perfect! Thank you for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great masculine card! I love that bird and he's so beautifully coloured! Love your paper choice as well! Thanks for joining us for our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

jessica said...

What an AWESOME card! Perfect take on the sketch too!!
LOVE it!

Taunya Butler said...

Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! And, oh MY WORD - what a beauty this card is - such a stunning visual feast and I love the image you have watercolored!! Gloriously amazing!!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the bird and the scalloped edge- so pretty!

Tasnim said...

Another gorgeous card!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS