Monday, August 24, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge

Hello!  Today starts a new weekly challenge at SweetStamps.com, and we are asking you to share anything but a card with us this week!  I decided to make a blank tag... sometimes I like to have these on hand so I can just write my own sentiment on the back and use it for any gift giving needs I may have...


To create this tag I started by diecutting my tag shape first and then layering with two shades of purple Peerless Water Colors.  I made sure to lay lots of water on my tag before dropping the colors in and letting them mix.  I then diecut several butterflies out of scraps I had sitting on my desk.  The top layer is cut from a cardfront I had messed up on, but was already colored with various distress inks... I think I found the perfect solution for it, don't you?

I hope you will join us this week and share your anything but a card projects with us!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
Peerless Watercolors
Flutterby #2 SweetCuts
Fancy Leaf SweetCuts
Distress Inks

3 comments:

jessica said...

what a gorgeous tag Lisa! Those butterflies are AWESOME!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful tag- love that you found a way to use what was on your desk from another project that did not work out- those are the best creative moments. Love the pretty watercolored background.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love how the butterflies look against the watercolored background.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS