Thursday, August 20, 2015

Post for a Cause

Hello!  Today I'm doing something a bit different.  I was recently contacted by a very sweet and strong woman named Heather Von St. James.  Heather is a mother, wife, fellow blogger,  as well as a Cancer Survivor and she is celebrating her 10 years free of Cancer, more specifically of Mesothelioma, and had kindly asked if I would join her in her celebration.  At first I wasn't sure where to begin, but then I thought duh! You have a crafting blog, share something crafty along with some information!  So that is exactly what I am here to do today.

Please start by checking out Heather's story here on her blog.  It is an amazing one that is still being shared in bits and pieces.  Her story will have you crying and being in wonder of her strength and will to fight this Cancer that has changed her life.  I did not know much about Mesothelioma before reading her story, but I believe in the power of sharing and spreading awareness and hope my little part in this celebration does just that.

Since the Support Mesothelioma's Ribbon is pearl and gold I decided to create a card with those colors.  I also looked up their inspirational message, "Refusing Defeat",  and had to incorporate it in some how, so here is what I've come up with...




Heather and her story is truly inspiring, and one full of hope.  If you are looking for more information on Mesothelioma please visit their parent site by clicking here.  I have also attached a code you can add to the side of your blog to help raise awareness...

Mesothelioma Ribbon: Support Mesothelioma Awareness
Just Copy and paste this code:
Mesothelioma Ribbon: Support Mesothelioma Awareness

While I personally do not know anyone diagnosed with Mesothelioma, I have lost many dear people in my life to various Cancers and it sucks.  Plain and Simple Cancer Sucks.  I despise everything about it, but I know that there are people who have been able to beat their cancer's, and they are able to offer hope, courage, and strength to those who may be going through it and I am grateful for people like this and like Heather.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you will join Heather in her celebration as well.
Many hugs, and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Simple, yet powerful!!!

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa!!!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS