Monday, February 11, 2013

Guest Designing for Market Street Stamps! eeekkk!!!

Hello!  I am so very honored and thrilled to be guest designing today at Market Street Stamps!  Thank you so very much Jorge, Angelica, and the Market Street team for this amazing opportunity!  Here's a little bit about me... My name is Lisa Lahiff a.k.a. Mommy to two little ones, Hun to one handsome husband of six years, and Lisa from Lisa's Creative Niche in blogland.  I have a bachelors degree in Music Therapy from the University of Dayton, but am now enjoying my role as a SAHM, and I also watch my two nephews.  I have loved crafting since I was a little girl, but didn't begin scrapbooking until 2005.  When I found the blog world I just knew I had to try card making, and now I can't get enough of either of them!

I LOVED playing with my Market Street Stamps for my posts, and can't wait to show what I've made, so let's get to it!  For my first card, I wanted to share something happy, bright, and fun... so I pulled out my Here Comes the Sun and Argyle background stamps with Simple Salutations.


Doesn't this background just scream happiness?!  For this card I used a kissing technique.  By stamping the two background stamps in two different colored inks and "kissing" them together I was able to get this great and unique result.  Another tip for my sentiment: I didn't have an exact match to the yellow ink color I had used for the sun so I made a pennant out of white paper and then stamped the ink pad itself onto the paper.  I then finished this card with some fun rhinestones!

For my next card I had to make a card for Valentine's Day since it is getting close... so I used the Here Comes the Sun background stamp and Simple Salutations again and busted out my Riding By stamp set to make this...


Turning the background stamp on it's side and using non "sun" colors really makes it look like a whole new stamp!  A fussy cut and colored bike popped up with hearts and pink twine totally spells L-O-V-E my friends!
(I am also entering this last card into the Paper Girls Challenge: Use Twine)

Thank you so much for stopping by for my first post as Guest Designer, and I hope to see you stop by my blog as well!  Now get creating with your Market Street Stamps!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

Denise Price said...

Congratulations on guest designing! I love how you used the sunburst on both cards.

Virginia L. said...

Congrats, Lisa! Love love your guest design work today! The kissing technique is awesome for the first card. And I love the super happy colors from the bike card! Way to rock the guest design!! I am thrilled for you! xoxo

Jingle said...

These are AMAZING!

jessica said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!!
Congrats on your guest spot!!!!!
Awesome job!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS