Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Especially for You... Anything Goes Challenge at SweetStamps.com

Hello beautiful readers!!!  Did you see all of the awesome new stamps that were just released for preorder at SweetStamps.com?!  LOVE!!!!  I can't wait to get my hands on some of them myself!  Anywho, we have started a new monthly challenge at SweetStamps.com, and it's going to be a popular one for sure.... as it will always be ANYTHING GOES!!! woo hoo!!!!  Just link up anything you've newly created and share it with us!  Make sure you read the full rules on how to win over on their blog.

Now onto what I've created....  I recently received a kit of the new SweetStamps.com microfine glitters and couldn't wait to play with them...




I must admit that some of this card was purely accidental.  Yes, I wanted to create a card with the glitters and a diecut with multiple colors, but unintentionally I was able to use to colors of cardstock as well when some of the pieces didn't diecut all the way through.  This was no fault of the dies, but simply because I forgot to use my metal adapter when running this intricate sweetcut through my machine... oooppsss, and yay! hehehe!  I started by die cutting with colored cardstock.  I then used a trimmed piece of double sided adhesive sheet on a create cardstock and ran this through my machine with the die. I then peeled certain pieces away and added one color glitter, then took off more pieces for another color and so forth until the whole thing was covered.  I then adhered this to my colored cardstock diecut and adhered the this to the cardbase. The sentiment was stamped last in a coordinating color and ta - da!  whew!  I hope I didn't lose you along the way of this explanation!
Can't wait to see what you create this month!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
Micro Fine Glitter: Silver, Fuschia, and Lavender
SweetCut Die: Flourish Medallion
Simple Greetings Clear Stamp Set

1 comment:

jessica said...

OMG this is gorgeous!!! LOVE the glittery look!!
AWESOME card Lisa!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS