Saturday, October 3, 2015

Make it Work. - Tim Gunn

Hello!  So I am making it work with my last post for tonight... I have been itching to play with this Limited Edition Fashion Sense Stamp Set by PTI, and tonight was the night! woo hoo!  I had fun layering watercolors over my gold embossed image, and just played... it felt soooo good!  I was totally inspired by the Go For the Gold Classes that the amazing Ms. Sandy Allnock has been providing...



To create this card I started by stamping and embossing my images and sentiment with 24k Gold Embossing Powder from SweetStamps.com (this is my favorite embossing powder ever!  The shine in person is incredible!).  I then started layering watercolors from my Peerless Watercolor Set, after I would put down one layer of color I would dry it and put down another layer, and did this about four times until I was satisfied with the look.  If you look closely in the first photo you will see the gold shimmer in the watercoloring, that is because I added a touch of gold Perfect Pearls to my water inspired by Sandy's Day 4 Liquid Gold Class.  The sentiment on here really reminds me of my mom as she loves watching project runway... anywho, I then added a strip of gold glitter cardstock, and adhered it all to vellum before adding it to the cardbase.

I am also linking this beauty up to the Simon Says Stamp Linky Party and the Blitsy Wild Card Challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Ombre as the dress goes from dark emerald green and fades out.

Thank you so much for stopping by it always makes my day!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Deborah345 said...

Love this simple watercolor card

Sandy said...

That stamp set is so perfect for such an elegant card - love your beautiful watercoloring!

Ruth said...

I love the way you've used this stamp set - so beautiful!

Sandra said...

Such a lovely card, the watercolor is wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Shari said...

I absolutely love this. It's very beautiful.

jessica said...

Such a stunning card!!! WOW Lisa this is FABULOUS!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS