Saturday, July 2, 2016

Winnie & Walter and Ellen Hutson Share the Love Day 3 & 4 Plus 1 More!

Hi!  Is that not the longest post title ever? bwahahaha!  Some days that's just how I roll.  Any who I've created a card today that was inspired by several challenges, and I didn't want to leave anyone out, so... I am adding it to them all! hehehe!  When I saw the Day 3 of Winnie & Walter and EH Share the Love week dealing with creating your own backgrounds I started by looking at my W&W stamp sets.  Finally it hit me!  The rectangle vase in the In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet Set was perfect for making a fun and graphic design with...



So I just went to town stamping the vase over and over making sure parts over lapped and that it looked like I had a nice mix of vertical and horizontal images.  Once that was done I thought, ok now how do I do a sentiment over that?  That's when the Share the Love Week Day 4 Challenge popped into my head to use something transparent... so vellum to the rescue!!!  I decided the Fancy Thanks by Julie from the Essentials by Ellen set would be perfect to heat emboss onto my vellum.  But it still wasn't finished looking, ya know?  So then the Winnie and Walter Gossip Column: Spectrum nailed it right on the head, so using distress inks in a rainbow of colors I wiped the colors right into the back of the vellum which really kept the background clean and simple, while my sentiment just pops right out.




And that folks is how this beauty came together.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I have one more to share with you today so I hope you'll be back!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

maria f. said...

Incredibly cool. Love the pure graphic look and then the wonderful artsy rainbow. Great design.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is awesome!

Aileen said...

Love it Lisa, you have nailed it.

Taheerah said...

A perfect combination of challenges! The blending of the colours on vellum really adds to the haze effect you get in a real rainbow, which is just awesome!! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS