Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Oh What Fun! I'm Up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog

Hello and what fun indeed!  Today you can find me here and on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog sharing a cute Christmas card using new goodies such as the Funky Flakes and Sleigh Fri-dies along with the new Sleighride Stamp Set to create this little scene... ( who doesn't love Christmas in July?! )




When I pulled this stamp set out the original project I had created with the sleighs used very traditional red and green colors, so this time I wanted to go with a rich blue sleigh... I don't know, sometimes deep blues make me think of rich velvet which felt perfect for this image.

To create this card I started by stamping and coloring my sleigh and jingle bells in with a mix of Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils, now this was the first time I've used the Prismacolor Pencils so I'm still learning for sure, but I like the contrast they add.  I then die cutted both of the images out with the matching dies.  ( I love how these dies cut the intricate parts out on the sleigh, it looks great and saves me the heart ache of accidentally cutting into a part of the Sleigh Runners )  Next I created some hills out of embossed paper, die cut some snowflakes and set all of this to the side.  I grabbed a lighter piece of patterned paper to emboss my sentiment with a silver shinny embossing powder.  This is when the whole little scene fell together by adhering the patterned paper to the card base, followed by the snowy hills, next came the sleigh and jingle bells, and finally I added the snowflakes randomly in the background.  I couldn't handle not having a little sparkle on this card so this is where I added some wink of stella onto the snowflakes and top part of the sleigh as you can see in the last picture.

I am linking this up to the 30 Day Coloring Challenge :) yay!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, and make sure you check out the newly released goodies in the CAS-ual Fridays Store, and don't forget to use my code to save you some money!



Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love how you showcased the sleigh on this card, Lisa, it's beautiful!!

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful card!! LOVE that sleigh and the bells!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely and very fun! Great festive card, Lisa!

Kathy said...

Elegant card . The colors, the layout and shading are outstanding.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS